The APAC research group was established in 2007 with the vision of conducting researches on theory and application of advanced control and automation systems. APAC team succeeded on opening up new horizons on control theories as well as conducting several industrial projects. Some of these projects are as follows:
- Advanced process control (APC): Universal Control System (UCS); APC for Tokamak Machine
- Condition monitoring: Fault detection in gas turbine engine and cement rotary kiln; Soft sensor in oil industry; Performance monitoring
- Mechatronics systems: Aerodynamic Load Simulator; Electrostatic and Electrohydraulic
- Actuators Robot Design: Rescue robot; Two-wheel robot, (Segwat), Autonomous mobile robot, Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Researches on control theories: Adaptive control, Predictive control, Intelligent control, Actuator allocation,
APAC Lab Complex. The lab complex includes: Advanced Control Lab., Advanced Automation Lab., Fault detection and Identification Lab., Mechatronics Lab., and Process Control Lab.